The Two-Year MBA at Cornell University is designed specifically for established professionals who want to:
- Hone their management skills for use in their current, or new, career
- Embrace and contribute to a collaborative environment where students are valued as people
This Ithaca-centered, NYC-connected residential program flows like this:
- First semester — Complete the bulk of your core courses in key functional business areas.
- Second semester — Focus in on a rich, industry-specific immersion of your choice that matches your particular career ambitions and includes intense, hands-on experience with leading business practitioners.
- Summer — Complete an internship to build your field expertise and network of opportunities. Students say their immersions played a large role in positioning them above their summer colleagues.
- Third and fourth semesters —
- Experience our unique one-school, two-campus approach by taking weekend courses or semester-long intensives at Cornell Tech in NYC
- Customize your curriculum with electives and concentrations within the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business and the university’s other top-ranked schools
- Take part in team-building activities like leadership expeditions, international study trips, and case competitions
You’ll also develop your leadership skills throughout the duration of the Two-Year program. Leadership touches every aspect of program’s curriculum and experience—before you even begin the core you’ll start learning how to be an effective leader during pre-term activities.
You’ll be on your way to your next successful leadership role.
With an elite Ivy League MBA, otherwise known as your entrance ticket to a powerful network of more than 260,000 Cornell alumni worldwide, you will have the competitive edge your next venture or company is looking for. You’ll join a graduating class whose average compensation ranks among the best of top business schools.
The next step
Interested in learning more about Cornell's Two-Year MBA program? Fill out the form to receive information and invitations to in-person events from our admissions team.
Program schedule: 2 years, beginning in August
Degree awarded: MBA from Cornell University
Location and residency: Ithaca, NY
Community: Inclusive and tight-knit—you’ll form friendships with your peers that last beyond graduation
New curriculum: Specialized weekend courses and intensives at Cornell Tech in NYC
Career preparation: A combination of immersions, intensives, internships, and electives plus direct support from the Career Management Center